08 July 2009

Young People, Great Example (2)

The super duo Nick and Jerry

When my mobile phone conked out, I was wondering if I should buy a new phone through my credit card company. It offered a good discount but zero customer service. Finally, I decided against the risk.

I went to a shop in Giant Mall, Kelana Jaya. I got to know two young sales executives, Nick and Jerry.

Jerry sold me a new Nokia phone. He patiently taught me how to use the phone and its multimedia functions. I was very pleased with the crash course. Next, I wanted to transfer all the data from my old Samsung phone to the new phone. After a few attempts, Jerry said that the two phones were incompatible so he could not transfer the data. When I heard that, I was upset and made a lot of noise.

Jerry responded swiftly to pacify me. He said something positive, “Let me check with the computer guy. Let me see what I can do.” He got me what I wanted, by hook or by crook. He deserves praise for his ability to handle an irate customer.

Nick sold me a Bluetooth hands-free gadget. One day, the gadget stopped working at around 8pm. Feeling frustrated, I rang Nick for help. Nick answered the phone and spoke in a low voice. I could hear sounds in the background – like he was in a cinema. He told me it was his day off. Oh dear, I felt so bad for disturbing him. But I was impressed that he still takes calls from customers on his day off. Others would have switched off their phones and left their customers in the lurch. Nick deserves praise for his dedication.

Well done, Nick and Jerry! You are excellent role models for top quality, high standard, world-class customer service! I have met your boss and commended the both of you. I hope he awards you with a pay rise (chuckle!).

That's the lucky boss who is blessed with two super sales execs
*

No comments: