15 July 2009

Young People, Great Example (3)

Noel at the customer service counter in MPH Subang Parade

I've been tearing my hair out trying to order some books from MPH. I visited MPH Mid Valley but they couldn't confirm if the books were available. They assured me they'd ring me the next day.

The ‘next day’ stretched into a week. I rang MPH Mid Valley again. A gentleman assured me that somebody would ring me later that day. I waited in vain for more than 24 hours.

I decided to drop in at MPH Subang Parade to unravel the mystery. At first, I couldn't get anybody to help me. Either they were busy or they couldn't follow my drift. I was about to breathe fire.

Then, a petite young lady came over to see me. She introduced herself as Noel. She listened to my problem patiently and then assured me that she'd look into the matter immediately. She rang MPH Mid Valley and was on the line for a long while. The result was no better.

Finally, Noel decided to order the books for me. I was very grateful to her and asked, “You’re very professional. How long have you worked here?”

She replied, “Oh, just a few months.”

“Where did you work before you came here?”

“This is my first job. I’m a fresh graduate.” My jaws dropped.

Many thanks, Noel, for getting me the books against all the odds. I’m very impressed with your customer service skills. May you be blessed with a rewarding future.

No comments: