30 September 2007

A man's flat tyre and a woman's compressor

Gif credit: www.tenor.com


Many years ago, I bought a portable air compressor that pumps air into a flat tyre. 

Once, I drove over a rough road and ended up with TWO flat tyres. I got off my car, pulled out the compressor and set it to work. I relaxed, waited for a few minutes, and soon the tyres had enough air to enable me to drive to the nearest tyre shop. 

On another occasion, I saw a man struggling to remove a flat tyre and sweating buckets under a hot sun. I offered him my compressor, and taught him how to use it. I was in a hurry and could not wait for him to finish, so I told him to return the machine to my office later. 

Back in my office I began to wonder, “Would the man return my compressor? Why did I believe that he would do so? What if he had lost my address?”

I was careless not to have asked for his phone number and address. 

Two days later, lo and behold, I found the compressor sitting in my office! It was delivered with a thank-you note from the man – a real gentleman. 

There, it takes a man's flat tyre and a woman's compressor to reaffirm my faith in humankind. 





No comments: